30.11.07

MOM!



Ever since I can remember I have always been very close with my Mother. I give her a lot of credit because my mom has always been a very hard working person and had to put up with me growing up. You see I wasn’t the most well behaved kid growing up. But my mom taught me manners, politeness and how to be a gentleman mostly by whooping the crap out of me when I got out of line! (It’s ok mom I know I deserved it most of the time!) My mom has always been very supportive and she is also a very loving Grandma. She does everything she can to try and give my sister and Phil a break at times by watching my nieces. She has been through some very hard times in her life. The most profound of these was having cancer not only once but two times. This was a really scary time for all of us since we had lost my Grandma (miss you Nanny!) to cancer. Luckily my mom fought tooth and nail and beat cancer! Another thing my mom has done recently which made me proud was basically pack up her house all by herself, jump in the car, and move to South Carolina to be closer to my sis and the fam. I thought that this was one of the most courageous things she has ever done in her life. My mom has been a HUGE inspiration to me and I am thankful everyday to be so lucky to have her as my mother! THANKS MOM I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed. We were always very close and shared everything, and still do. You wouldn't have had the whoopins if ya came w/an instruction book!! Yep, you pulled some beauts. Wow, talk about guts - you buy a one way ticket to Boulder and we never saw you again (only kidding). What year was that (ha, ha). I'll stll never forget all the stuff, everything you owned - you left w/me. YIKES! Wow, so many memories (funny, sad, awesome, good, bad, hurting, crying w/laughter, etc.) --- but mainly LOVE through all the good times and bad. That will never change in this family - no matter where we live. Love you. Mom.